Tuesday, May 6, 2014

One-man Wolf Pack

Lately, I've come to the realization that lifting alone has really been my favorite way to lift. I still enjoy going with a partner. My girlfriend is with me the majority of the time, but she often does other exercises. But when I'm alone, I really get focused in on the goal, which is to smash weight and get reps in.

Don't mind me. Just brought some gains for the trip.

Like I said, it's still nice to go with someone from time to time. You get to shoot the shit, give each other motivation, and challenge each other. It could really be useful in getting that 1RM when you have someone else yelling in your face and pumping you up. But for me, nothing is better than putting my headphones in and blasting some really evil, aggressive shit. Stuff that makes you want to break every mirror in the weight room with your face. Recently, I've been blasting Ringworm's 'Hammer of the Witch'. Put that on and try not to get pumped.

Mainly, though, you should do what works for you. If you need another person there to not feel awkward, do it. If you like to lift with a group, do it. Whatever is going to make you more motivated. Just don't be that group of assholes who sit on the bench for 15 minutes between sets talking about whatever it was you were going to say to that girl squatting more than you, but you were too big of a pussy to do it. Get in, get big, get gone.

And that's the bottom line. Stay angry.

PS - We're currently working on some drafts for shirt designs. Keep your eyes on the Facebook and Instagram pages for information. Like and follow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment