Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Back in the saddle again

Come on. You know you wanted there to be a picture of Aerosmith with that title.

So, basically, I've sucked at keeping up on this. I've been really busy lately, which most of you may or may not know. After trying to get into the US Army, and being disqualified because of tattoos (because, let's face it, you lose your ability to shoot a gun once you get a tattoo), I've taken the route of the US Air Force, and I've been getting my ducks in a row for that. On top of that, I've been working my dick into the ground, and training hard. Over the past 3-4 weeks, I ran the Smolov Jr. Squat program. It was fucking terrible, in the best way possible. If you want a program that runs you into the ground and leaves you begging for an off day, but at the same time, makes you strong as fuck and want to push through every physical and mental boundary you have, do this program.

It's kind of like that.

Since this program is designed to add weight on to your max in a very short time, I will be doing just that and retesting my squat max this Saturday. Aiming for a 30-40 lb PR. And in finishing that program, I've moved on to The Cube Method by the one and only Brandon Lilly. Being only two days in, I can't totally comment on the progress, but so far I'm loving it. I'm back on a routine that is giving me ample time to build power and strength, but also size. With the past handful of PL programs I've been on (Smolov Jr, Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5), I've gotten much stronger, but not a whole lot bigger in terms of definition and size. I've gained a good amount of weight, but I want to get bigger, and that has somewhat stalled lately, though, I did have to get rid of 7 pairs of jeans after Smolov Jr. Looking at the programming alone, I can tell this will be a fun 9 weeks, and I will be hitting some PRs shortly thereafter.

With all of that being said, and now that you're caught up on what's happening in my life, as if you gave a fuck, I'm letting you know that I will be devoting more time to writing on this blog again, as well as doing more activities on the Facebook Page, and Instagram (@LethalForceFitness), so be sure to check those out. Keep hitting those weights and STAY GRIM IN THE GYM.

Oh, and always try to become Hammers McPligue from Harm's Way. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment